Fosroc Brushbond Roofguard
Fosroc Brushbond Roofguard is a single component acrylic polymer modified, elastomeric fibre reinforced high build & easy roller applied / brushable coating available in different colours for application in multiple layers, minimum 3 layer application is recommended for best performance.
High build fibre Reinforced Acrylic Elastomeric Waterproofing render for roofing.
Brushbond Roofguard is a high build fibre reinforced seamless waterproofing render suitable for waterproofing of old & new roofs, it is a polymer-based product applied in three OR more coats & each coat with different colours for monitoring correct thickness. The product can be applied directly on existing concrete, brickbat Coba, and screed concrete even without removal provided the substrates are sound enough for application of the coating avoiding the risk of damage to the old roof associated while removing the existing overlays. The product provides a seamless, tough durable water-resistant coating that can withstand light pedestrian traffic and also has excellent weather resistance for exterior applications.
For best results, surfaces should be damp. In order to obtain the protective properties of Brushbond Roofguard, it is important that the correct rates of application are observed. Use a short stiff brush preferably 120-150mm width and apply the mixed material like paint. The application of Brushbond Roofguard should not be done if the temperature of the substrate is below 100C. Apply Brushbond Roofguard in 3 coats to achieve a total dry film thickness of 1mm. The second & third coats
of Brushbond Roofguard shall be applied as soon as the first coat has reached a touch dry state. If planning for protection screed allow the Brushbond Roofguard coating to dry before covering with screed, sprinkle coarse sand on the wet surface of final coating for better adhesion of screed.
All the surfaces which are to receive Brushbond Roofguard must be free from oil, grease, wax, dirt or any other form of foreign matter which might affect adhesion. Spalled and deeply disintegrated concrete should be removed to sound concrete and repaired with Fosroc Renderoc System.
- High Build system provides a higher dry film thickness of more than 1mm in three coats.
- The product can be applied directly on existing sound concrete, brickbat Coba, screed concrete even without the removal
- No protection screed required eliminating the additional weight due to the protection layer
- Excellent barrier to carbon dioxide, chloride and sulphate ions.
- Allows water vapour to escape from the structure.
- High resistance to the effect of long-term weathering,
- Durable in all climate conditions including UV attack.
- Excellent bond to concrete and masonry.
- Good crack accommodation capacity.
- Minimum surface preparation needed and low labour.
Brushbond Roofguard should be removed from tools and equipment with clean water immediately after use. Hardened material can only be removed mechanically.
Brushbond Roofguard: 4 & 20 litre
Nitoproof WB Primer: 2 & 6 litre
Brushbond Roofguard : 0.5 liter / m2 / coat (Three coat application is recommended).
Overcoating time : 8 – 12 hours at 27oC
Nitoproof WB Primer : 8 – 10 m2/litre (after dilution).