Fosroc Brushbond Grey
Acrylic polymer modified protective and decorative coating for concrete and masonry.
To protect atmospherically exposed reinforced concrete structures from attack by acid gases, chloride ions, oxygen, and water. The product is also suitable to protect other cementitious substrates and masonry for new and existing structures. Typical applications include :
- Re-facing and reprofiling concrete & masonry surfaces
- Flexible coating to bridge shrinkage cracks
- Waterproof coating for water tanks and reservoirs
- The robust coating which can withstand pedestrian traffic
- Backing to marble and granite, preventing water ingress and alleviate staining
- Excellent barrier to carbon dioxide, chloride ions, and water
- Allows water vapour to escape from the structure
- Waterproof – suitable for water retaining structures
- High resistance to the effects of long-term weathering, durable in all climatic conditions including UV attack
- Minimum surface preparation needed and low labour costs
- Flexible, with thermal expansion similar to concrete
- Covers honeycombed and pitted poured concrete effectively
- Good abrasion resistance
Brushbond comprises a two-component acrylic polymer modified cementitious coating supplied in ready to mix kits. Brushbond can be simply applied by stiff brush, roller, spray, or trowel to obtain the desired texture.
Note: For potable water applications, please refer to Nitocote CM210 and Brushbond FLX lll datasheets
Brushbond: Theoretical 14 m²/ pack 1mm
thickness – Due to wastage factors and the variety and nature of possible substrates, practical coverage figures will be reduced.
Industrial kit: 27 kg (14 ltr) pack consisting of:
Powder: 20 kg bag
Liquid: 7 kg pail